Makerspaces

Makerspaces

Friday, May 13, 2016

The Blog is Up

UAS IceLab Makerspace Blog


For the third time, the blog is up. We were trying to figure out what was creating the error that prevented the blog from showing up. The next part of the overall assignment is to create the theme.

During the process of reinstalling, we were checking the configuration files and found that a line of code was not correctly entered. We had never entered the IP of the server in the first place, but when we had to restart the Raspberry Pi, we had to check if the IP was still correctly entered in nginx.

The server is accessible at http://10.0.6.64/ within the school. Enrique and I were able to effectively work together and solve the problem, even though it was mostly by chance that the issue was found.

If we have to set up a Ghost/nginx server again, I would make a list of all the files that need to be edited so that I could quickly check the files for any errors. There isn't much to do in terms of technique. By not quitting I was able to eventually solve the problem.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection Matthew. That simple piece of understanding--to make a list--might be something that helps you when you create your first big revolutionary idea, and since I am sure it will be open source I won´t be able to ask you to give me a percentage of the profits...

    ReplyDelete